Sunday, August 10, 2008

Remember Your Roots


This blog was created to honor my family and keep others intrigued as their family is unique and has a story that needn't be forgotten. No matter whether it is good or bad it is part of who you are and please don't judge based on that but keep the memories alive. Sometimes our parents or grandparents did something that we may not have understood why but after learning more about our ancestors the pieces of the puzzle come together.


Thank you to all the men and women that have served and who are currently serving in the Armed Forces. I appreciate your dedication and sacrifice that you have given to give us the freedom we have today.



Dad,

I know it is so hard for you to speak of Vietnam and I will probably die never hearing your stories. I know how much it has affected you. I want you to know that I love you and I am so proud to be your daughter. If one day you chose to share those stories or just want a shoulder to lean on, cry on. I'm here for you.


Love,

Daddy's little girl

(Proud daughter of a Purple Heart Vietnam Veteran)


No comments: